I am making every effort to see if I can replace the spiders without a dial indicator and a shop press and with no experience.
I really have nothing to loose by taking it apart and if I screw it up, it's pretty cheap for the side gears and spiders kit. I have a friend who is going to advise me via Facebook tutorial. He is in WA state. Good guy. Very knowledgeable. I also don't have a impact or torque wrench that goes to 200-250 for pinion nut. May not mess with that anyway. Thanks for the posts, it's sinking in not to screw around with different ratios even though my sense is that a little is OK, but I can not afford to take a chance on damage to Xfer case. Another good reason is I am finding that another D44(thanks EdPruss) or other with 3.92 that will fit width wise, yoke wise, ebrake wise, with perches in correct place is near impossible. I do not want to spend $900-up for a rebuild. I did a whole nice brake job on that rear! I have been thinking out loud here, all done.
Keep the info and advice coming.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn