I finally got the the old bumper off, (I ground one bumper bolt off...then decided to snap the others off by overtightening. I got it down to where I could snap one off in less than a minute.) Then I cleaned and primed stuff with Zero-Rust. After a coat of Rustoleum, I fit the new bumper on the brackets:

[img]http://chevyasylum.com/64c10/64c10_117r4.jpg[/img]

Only the end bolt holes match up. I'll have to drill new holes for the center bracket.

And I got one of the new fenders mounted up:

[img]http://chevyasylum.com/64c10/64c10_125r4.jpg[/img]

It's startin to look a little better. But the rocker panel on the right side was in really bad shape:

[img]http://chevyasylum.com/64c10/64c10_121r4.jpg[/img]

So I cut it out and fit a replacement panel in to place:

[img]http://chevyasylum.com/64c10/64c10_149r4.jpg[/img]

Yeah, I finally gave up and took the door off. I'm gonna have to fix the hinge, anyway. It has enough slop to throw a whole herd of cats thru.

Then I started bolting the grill together.

[img]http://chevyasylum.com/64c10/64c10_151r4.jpg[/img]

I'd had to grind off the rivets that attach the headlight buckets, then prime and paint them...I decided to use bolts and Nylock nuts instead of rivets. Sure makes disassembly a lot easier.

Then I went back and primed the rusty area behind the rocker panel with Zero-Rust:

[img]http://chevyasylum.com/64c10/64c10_153r4.jpg[/img]

That's where it stands as of Saturday evening. I'll see if I can get a little more done tomorrow. Like fabricating a patch panel to cover the hole in the inner rocker panel and getting the retaining springs for the headlights...and drilling out the broken-off bolts on the headlight buckets. I forgot all about that until I had the grill bolted back together. Oops.

But progress is good.