| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Otto Skorzeny, TexasJim50, GusG, Lonnie, Nick in Manitou, J Lucas, moparguy, Barry Martak, 1 invisible),
108
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,428 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 Gas Pumper | | Gas Pumper Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 | I was sitting with Jim Carter at the KC Reunion and we were talking about spin on oil filter adapters. I showed him what I came up with that uses the side mounting triangular bosses. I said... "the problem is, it only works with 58-62".
He says... "the side mount bosses came out in 1952 on passenger cars. In 1954, there was no truck vs car engines. For that year, cars and trucks use the same engine, so the cars and trucks of that year have triangular side mount bosses."
He had me walk over to a 54 with original engine to verify. Sure enough. Does this sound right? I am working on a bypass spin on solution using the Trans-Dapt 1028 with a 1/16" reducer in the line. Would be nice to verify who I could suggest this modification to. Any comments on the best place to put this reducer? IN or OUT? Make any difference? | | |
| |
| |