Now there's a man after my own way of thinking. Fancy floor
finish is like those fancy paint jobs, look great but not
very practical when you're running down a gravel back road.
When I worked at the Accelerator Lab in order to get rid of
access budget....the powers to be elected to have the floors
ground and epoxy coated. Looked great...for a little while.
Then after running the steel wheels of the die carts and
gantry cranes over it for a few months it was cracking and
lifting all over the place. The other down side is the
slightest bet of water made it feel like the neighborhood
skating pond in the middle of winter.
I like to have the floors look "nice", not fancy, just nice
mostly because it seems easier to sweep. So I've just
scrubbed them down and hosed them off and roll on a single
coat of Rust-Oleum Epoxy Shield one part paint. Not sure if
they are even offering that paint anymore, a couple of years back,
when I first moved in to the new place it was only bout $30
a gallon.
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/161235728
My welders, gantry and a couple of carts have steel wheels and
it stands up pretty goot to them. And, as the other Mr. Graham
suggested, I'll just touch it up or repaint it every 5 or 6 years.

dg



Last edited by Denny Graham; 09/08/2015 2:01 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL