Originally posted by the-parts-guy:
well i am folowing my tech sheets and i dont have the time to wait any longer the car has to be done by friday so i am going the wet sand with 600 today and reclear and hope for the best i guess unless you can say diff that its not a good idea
Parts guy, this is why I asked the questions. If you were following the tech sheets, there would be no problem. These questions, are just a few of MANY questions I have to ask to determine what happened. Without an honest discription of things like HOW did you mix it, I can't help you. Not, "I am following the tech sheet", but an explaination of exactly what that 4:1 means and how you mixed it. How many people do you think I talked to with problems when I was a rep said that..." I was following the tech sheets"? Come on, guess, I can tell you how many
ALL OF THEM thats how many. Everyone always did everything right, that is why they had problems
If they did everything right, I had no reason for going over there right? No, I had to go over and see the shop, ask the question, look at their face when they told me, ask employees in the shop, basically be Columbo
I had the rep out at my shop before I was a rep, I told him the same thing I assume. But after all the questions were asked and answered he came up with the REAL reason and the REAL solution.
If you haven't got the time.......
A sign on the wall of one of the first shops I ever worked at back in 1979. It was a full on restoration shop where I worked on mainly 1933-1934 F 0RD (model 40's).
"Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over"