Ok parts guy, first off, let me qualify my statments. I was a paint rep for a number of years. I did trouble shooting every day. Went to MANY courses and clinics all over the country in the subject of applying automotive finishes. I covered a territory in the second most populated area of California four hundred by one hundred miles in size. I represented 77 stores supplying thousands of shops. Watched, taught, helped, hundreds of painters. Ok, I don't know everything, and MORE OVER I am doing this without even verbal communication. So I'll take that into consideration.
First off, I have learned with a painter tells me a "
first we sprayed a fairly wet coat, with a flash time of about 15 minutes" that he really means is a VERY WET coat that flashed five or ten minutes. Now, please, I am not calling you a liar, I am simply talking human nature and how we as humans think and act.
MOST people don't see "wet" the same as the manufacture, believe me.
This primer is a low end product, NOT Dupont, right? I have never heard of the name. This can be an issue, it may not be TOTALLY "insoluable" when cured, "SOME" low end primers aren't, they just aren't that high of quality. For that matter, some high end urethane primers aren't as insoluable as others, but that is another matter.
You don't add solvent to this primer being the 4:1 ratio. That means there is no solvent temp choice for you, the primer has a "mid temp" solvent in it to cover many different spraying environments.
First question, what was the temp when you sprayed this "fairly wet coat"?
Second question, and you probably won't like this one either, but please explain exactly HOW you mixed the primer. What does 4:1 mean, what bucket or what ever did you use, if you mixed it in a single "bucket" was the sides of the bucket perfectly straight vertically?
Like I said, if I were in your shop looking at your car and material this would all be done much faster.
And you can believe in the thousands of trouble shooting calls I have been on, some pretty obvious things were found to be wrong so don't take it personal with seemingly insulting questions or comments I make.
