OK.. I know it is a truck forum and have used the site for not only my truck, but also my 235 powered 57 chevy 210.. I acquired a 49 Pontiac some time ago and just now started work on it. I bought a 6 volt battery and installed it. Everything is original, but I noticed that the generator is 12 volt. At least that is what the metal tag states. I got the car running, but was leery about the generator, so I unhooked it. It appears that the generator was hooked up a long time ago, but I didn't think that it was a good idea. Any thoughts on this? Can you run a 12 volt generator on an otherwise 6 volt car?


'57 Chevy 210 (235)
'54 Chevy 3800
'49 Pontiac Streamliner (239)
'46 Chevy 3/4-Ton (216) (Sold)
'46 Chevy 1 1/2-Ton (Sold)
'50 Chevy Loadmaster Semi (Sold)
'68 Chevy Stepside (Sold)