If I were you Joe, I'd simply use the one marked 12v as a
core and trade it in for a rebuilt 6v generator since
everything else in the system appears to still be 6v.

And.......what's wrong with a Delco 6v generator???

Been running the totaly stock 6v electrical system on my 1950,
3604 for 10 years now and have never had a problem with it.
Drive it day and night, hot summers and cold winters. The
battery is from Farm & Fleet installed Oct, 2008,
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/160427599
the generator and starter rebuilt at the same time,
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/149240750
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/121070577
a new Regulator was installed, lighting and wire connections
were all cleaned.
The battery is re-charged after start up
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/160427600
within a few miles and the lights
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/138714066
are as bright as they would be with a 12v system.
For my 12v needs I use a 6v to 12v voltage booster cube to
power my tachometer and Sony AM/Fm/CD.
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/139692811

So....what's wrong with a Delco 6v generator???

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Last edited by Denny Graham; 08/06/2015 12:42 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL