Gazz, I think you might give truckernixs suggestion some more thought. My truck always starts right up. Driving around town running errands, start it, shut it off, start it up, shut it off, not a problem. But if I run thirty miles or more, especially on a hot day, and then shut it off and let it set for half an hour to maybe an hour and a half, it doesn't want to start. I know your mechanic friend doesn't think that's the issue, and he might be right, but it would be worth it to give truckernix's idea a try. It works for me. In fact, I use the method linked to by Carbking. TRY IT!
I've considered pulling the throttle knob out about half way after shutting down after a long drive, so that, at start up, the throttle is already open to clear out the excess fuel without pushing the gas pedal down and introducing more fuel. Just a thought I might try out one of these days.
What do you guys think?
Last edited by twotone; 08/03/2015 3:00 AM.