tclederman, thank you for putting up with me and for your patience. I am a 63 y/o woman doing the best I can so I am much obliged for your assistance. The engine number is indeed 3835253 with the number 21 below that number. But this is sort of a moot point on my part since all is working well, I was just curious about my particular situation so thanks for your help and I will call this thread 'solved'. Many thanks Sir.
Thanks for your input bartamos. Since I am not a wiring wizard, I take what I see in the schematics literally without understanding certain basic automobile wiring variations. Anyway, everything is working fine. I am happy to report that I was able to fix both the fuel gauge by re-soldering the coil wires (micro surgery) and the temp gauge by slightly bending the Burdon Tube. That alone probably saved me $150.00 in after-market repro's. These two gauges had not worked for over 20 years so I am able to get rid of the under dash mount Stewart Warner auxiliary gauges which were nice but didn't 'fit' the authenticity of the truck. Thanks everyone!
Last edited by littlebuddie; 07/25/2015 1:30 AM.