I recently pulled the gauge clusters and repaired the fuel and temp gauge. Not wanting to trust my memory in re-installing the gauges, I went to my trusty 1948 shop manual to be certain the connections were right. Nothing made sense! For two days I have scratched(and bumped)my head under the dash trying to get things right. Long story short, my truck is wired for a 1947. Thank goodness I looked at alternate diagrams before I went nutcase or did damage . My father bought this truck new in 1948 and the truck became mine in 1966. I am the ONLY person who has has their hands on the wiring in all of these years so I know this is how it came from the factory. Is it common for wiring swaps at the factory, as in wiring a '48 year with '47 schematic? I'm SO curious, thanks for any replies!! The truck was built at the Van Nuys CA factory.


1948 AD Pickup