What model 1954 Chevrolet 3600 would that be jorb, that came
with a "long bed box"?
Could it have been a GMC that you're thinking of?
dg
I guess I miss spoke. Driveshaft stays enclosed and does not transition to open.
A couple times I have seen photos of a frame and drive train with two ball housings.
A quick search I came up with
This Photo Full Thread The year of truck I think is a 1953 GMC 1/2 ton long bed with a Hydramatic Auto Tranny.
Although I have seen others with 4 and I think 3 spreed trannys.
They have a little extension shaft at rear of tranny and carrier bearing.
Does this setup have two u-joints?
1 at rear of tranny.
1 at rear of carrier.
Was this just a GMC thing or did Chevrolet also have these extension shafts.
According to TCLedermen Chevrolet 54 1/2 ton didn't have any long beds.
So that rules out Chevrolet 54 1/2 tons having any extension shafts.
I see no instructions on extension shafts in the 47-54 Chevrolet Factory Assembly Manual.