If its running good and there is no problems I think I'd leave the engine in the truck. Some purple power and a good cleaning is in order....then some masking tape/newspapers and your ready. Valve covers, side covers and some other stuff can be removed from truck to clean and do a good detailed job on them.

There is plenty of room under the hood for your vehicle to work on it but if you want to pull the engine drain the coolant, disconnect battery and all the other pipes and hoses that are attached to the engine but go somewhere else on the truck body. Disconnect the driveshaft, take the motor mounts loose. A good engine hoist is in order. Take your time and LOOK at what you doing....while your doing it and most of all be SAFE. This is not a hard job and you can do it.
I'm not sure but most repair manuals show a complete engine assembly and may even have a paragraph on what to unhook to get the engine out. Most of us learn by trial and error anyway.

Browse around, there is probably some bolters in your area that can give you some tips, help, or direction.....and we are always here! Good luck


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile