hi.

I have a 1955 3100 with a 6 cyl engine and manual 3 speed transmission.

I was thinking of pulling the engine to work on it easier, paint it, etc. BUT, I have never done that before.

questions:

#1 how hard is it to do (remove the engine) for someone who has not done it before, but has decent general mechanical skills?

#2 should the trans be left in place in the truck and just the engine pulled, or is it best to take them both out as one piece?

#3 any good links or threads on the subject? like a step by step process with pics? I searched but could not find anything 'complete'.

#4 other than general tools, what else is needed and any recommendations on where to get it (like an engine lift?).

#5 can one person do it alone?

#6 how hard is it to put back in


and lastly, is my asking these questions 'an answer in itself', in that if I have to ask it is too much for me? smile