Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my 56 3200. It ran when I bought it but then it wouldn't start a few days later.

I determined there was no fuel getting to the carb.
I made sure the line from the pump to the carb was clear.
I replaced the pump (Napa branded 4149).
I put a can of good gas on the ground near the pump and put a short length of hose in the can and the other end on the pump inlet.

Still no fuel movement.

I attempted to verify the inlet and outlet by comparing to the old pump, and even hand-pumped the lever over a bucket of transmission fluid and the side of the pump I thought was the outlet was blowing air onto the transmission fluid and making ripples.

When I installed the new pump it was possible to get it to set flush with the block but I could move it slightly and get it to push against 'something' which I assumed was the cam lobe.

Is there any trick to making sure the pump arm is riding on the cam lobe?

Does it ride directly on the cam lobe? I've only worked on SBC before and as many of you know, they use a pushrod.

Thanks!
-Joe