I could blow air through the line from the pump to the carb so it's not blocked. I think there is a blockage between tank and pump. I poured fuel into the hose, keeping it above height of pump and it sucked it down and pumped it to the carb . Actually enough fuel in the hose to run at idle for about a minute.
Hose from tank is below tank level and nothing is gushing out. Or dripping or anything. There's at least 7 gallons of fuel in the tank so my guess is it is blocked.
Going to blow from hose into tank and see if it unblock s it. Hoping that if the pressure of gravity on the fuel I'm the tank can get it to the pump then it will pump to the carb. Also think I wasted $50 on a new pump. Disassemble old pump and bolted it up. Saw diaphragm pumping. At least I have a spare now.
Will report back I'm a couple hours.
Thanks!