Hey Guys!

Thanks for the responses!

So after many years of wanting one, shopping and driving all over to look at ADs, with some Big Bolts and lesser mixed in, I finally bought my first one!!

It came from a fellow Stove Bolter who bought it from another. Hopefully I will be the one to get it back on the road!

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums...2%20ton%20Brute/IMG_1700_zpsdvum573q.jpg

So John, I have been reading up on Griggs change and I am going to try to pick his brain at some point. I really like the idea of a medium duty trans and 4 cyl diesel. I drive a diesel as my work pickup and have had quite a few over the last few years. They have a special place.

I thought more about the road tractor idea and I think I will be doing a 9 foot pickup instead. I did not know that the 1 ton and the two ton short wheel base share the same! Now I just need to fabricate (employ a fabricator) a bed and a duals fenders.

Like this (not my truck)
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums...2%20ton%20Brute/IMG_1698_zpsdmbt74wn.jpg

I have the opportunity to buy a rear end and front end out of a bread truck for a pretty good price with disc brakes all around. The guy said he thinks it is a five lug which dumbfounds me. If I wanted, I could by the 4bt and the NV4500 out of it too for about $2500 more (good deal?). I am torn if the 4bt will be solid enough or not. I did like the idea of Griggs' silver Detroit yet that seems more like the golden egg in rarity and price.


Saved to Live, Live to Serve!