Yeah, don't do things MY way.. then I wouldn't be UNIQUE. Please keep our planet stable and don't try to upset the balance of things! LOL!
The TP Tools diagram is a very good method. Mar-Ktech has a good plan there too. The biggest thing to remember is that compressors put out HOT air. It takes this HOT air about 25 feet to cool enough to cause condensation. So any water trap that you put prior to this 25 feet is wasted. This is just a fact that I learned during painting. I figured I would just come right out of the compressor with a 25 foot hose and start painting. WRONG.
You add 25 feet of pipe, even if it means doing a switchback, watertrap, and THEN you put your 25/50 foot rubber hose for painting.
I have helped a few of our local manufacturers really enhance their water trapping because of this. Its important.