I'm a member on that forum and looked through all of the entries.

I was familiar with oossuuu754's truck already, and it's much along similar lines as mine (S-10 frame and modern power train with patina). I can say driving my truck all over the place, I get exactly that question A LOT, people just don't believe you actually drive something that looks rusty on the outside, no matter how reliable and drivable it is. I drive my truck as much as I can, but perception is that it looks like it isn't roadworthy. Yours was a close second, but I can really relate to his.

People are amazed that a truck like oossuuu754's or mine will do highway speeds (I always get the "How fast does it actually go?" question), and for myself that resonates with the poll question.

Your truck is great too, I'm glad to see that you drive it and use it as is!


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket