Phil, welcome to the bolt! I have a couple ideas for you and I am sure others will chime in. My boy lives in Eugene so I get up that way fairly often. As I travel up through Utah, Idaho and Oregon I see quite a few trucks. The point is see if you can find a donor truck with a bed in surrounding areas. I have owned several 2-tons many you can see here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/sets/72157631870734114/
I parted them in place (or cut them in half) so I would not have to take the beds or axles home! 1-1/2-ton and 2-ton trucks often languish because most people cannot haul them. Also you can see if a local trailer or replacement bed supplier has one or could fab you one, $$$. Last idea if you can weld or have a buddy who does buy the steel and lumber and craft your own. They are fairly simple from a construction standpoint. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.