HI Stovebolt guys....

I have a Howard Knapp truck (1952/53 Chevy truck) been fiddling with this fall and winter...spent sometime working under the hood this weekend....I guess I am used to my Willys Jeeps...but darn how do you guys work under the hood?....I was like draped over the front fender....I am 5'7" tall and I gotta tell you...these trucks are huge to work on...in my eyes at least...my feet were hanging out in the air most of the day...I had literally jump on the front fender to get up and work on it...

Do guys use ladders or blocks or what to be comfortable and work on them???...I would hate have fresh paint on it and then have to lean and hang all over it to get it under the hood to work on it???...is there a way to work on them or a trick I need to know???

any insight from you pro Stovebolt guys?

MikeC

Last edited by mikec4193; 03/23/2015 12:17 PM.

1951 Chevy 3800 1-Ton
Howard Knapp
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)
1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016)