Originally Posted by crenwelge
I use one of these

http://www.zoro.com/g/Truck%20Ramp%20Step/00042565/

I built one some similar to this over 50 years ago and I have built quite a few during the course of time. It hooks over the front wheel. I bought one of these from Zoro a few days ago when they had a 30% off sale. I can't waste my time building one for that price. And that is the only way to get under the hood. Especially the ones with butterfly hoods.
Oh my gosh crenwelge

So cool...why didn't I think about that???.....that makes so much sense...I am gonna have to look around my dump and see if I fabricate something similar....

I knew there was a trick...I just couldn't figure it out...love you stovebolt guys...you have so much knowledge it scares me...

MikeC


1951 Chevy 3800 1-Ton
Howard Knapp
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)
1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016)