No more sprint cars Jerry, them's for the youngsters. Sprints,
midgets, Pitts biplanes, all of them way to quick for an old
man like me anymore. But at least I can say I did it and have
something to talk about when I get to the nursing home.
Old Blue tain't hardly a sprint car. And I wouldn't have
run a Moog ball joint on any of the racers or flyers either,
might be stronger but limited angular deflection and they
could pull out of the socket, Heim joints only, they're a
little bit weaker but will stand much greater angular movement,
just need to change them often.
And what's wrong with them ball stud and spring socket ends,
they're good enough for Indy:
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/159485677Not familiar with the pre-AD trucks Harold. Were the ball
studs in the steering knuckles tapered like they are in the
3600 AD trucks? They are straight in the 3100 AD's.
The ball stud in the pitman arm and the 3rd. arm are the
same in the 3600 and 3100 AD, that is straight.
DG