As I said in my first post, neither the temp or oil gauges work with the truck running.

So the only way to make the temp gauges work is by throwing it in the garbage and order a new one?
How can the tube be factory sealed if you can take it of the gauge? or is it suppose to heat the end of the tube that goes in to the gauge? I can take pictures of mine later, maybe it isnt original?

And now to the oil gauge: do you think i need a new tube from the gauge to the motor? or should I replace that gauge too?

The reason I ask here is because i want to save these gauges instead of replacing them with new one (they're so expensive with shipping costs to Sweden..)

EDIT: Maybe a stupid question: But there is no electricty required for the temp and oil gauges right? Becuase in that case.. The fuel gauge has not been wired and in use for at least 16 years.. Do these gauges take the electricity from the fuel gauge maybe?

Last edited by Raoul; 03/09/2015 7:27 AM.

Chevrolet 3100
Year: 1951
engine: inline 6 217CI
Transmission: Manual 3-Speed.
12Volt.