I just got off the phone with clifford and the guy told me that this intake is basically useless on the street as it was made for oval track racing and there's no way to heat the bottom of the manifold.... That is 100% wrong. Flip that intake over and tell me if that doesn't look exactly like a stock manifold bottom (w/o the holes of course). Grigg, here on this board is a machinist. He took my thread damaged aluminum Edelbrock 216-235 intake bottom and repaired it with Helicoil inserts. I fabbed a heat plate for the bottom exhaust off of the Fenton headers. I don't have a good picture of the bottom of this intake.... but it is exactly like your Clifford.
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
|