Good get there. I'd save that intake for a 235 or a 261. You're going to have a laundry list of things to do to make it work like

-throttle linkage, rods or cable? neither is plug and play, a bit of fabrication.

-manifold heat, water or exhaust? as above, fabrication

-Carburation, There are 2 bbl plates available but with an unmodified 216, you will lose efficiency

-lose originality for a less efficient set-up

That said I will use a Clifford Intake just like the one you have on a 261 (60 over), ported head, Clifford cam, period corvette type dual exhaust manifold, 390 cfm 4bbl carb.

I think it's a good piece just the wrong application for an unmodified 216.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer