Diceman, is the fluctuation showing in the temp gauge?
Dennis
If you watch it really closely you can see it. The stock temperature gauge does not react quick enough to catch most of the fluctuations. Where it is very evident is on a data log.
Look guys, I know the engine will work just fine as it is. All of them do it whether you are aware of it or not. If you tear down and measured the wear on any engine you will find more wear on the front cylinders where the cold water shrinks them more than the others. If you can minimize water temperature fluctuations you can minimize that wear.
I know what the problem is and I know the fix for it. The question was and still is " Has anyone explored the possibility of adapting a true bypass thermostat like those used on most modern engines to a 235/261?"
As technology advances the OEM engineers have determined that bypass thermostats are an advantage to the longevity of engines and I want to add this technology to mine.