Grigg covered it, especially that last one.

Only thing I'll add is: I don't know what the rules for the Race are, but today's gas is quite questionable in many respects. I would be concerned about vapor lock being an issue. Careful fuel line routing and shielding is important, and if an auxilliary electric fuel pump is allowed, I'd sure have one. I'd also consider a return fuel line to the tank with a gated "T", which could allow cool fuel to constantly circulate through the lines, preventing vapor lock.

CarbKing has recommended this in the past. Something to think about. That being said, my '41 ton and a half fire truck has been ultra-reliable since I rebuilt it. Only problem has been the driver, who tends to run it out of gas!!!

-Michael



Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery