....the crease/dent below the vent is probably from the door swinging open to far. A common thing on the AD trucks. I am not familiar with the 49 but I THINNK there may be cowl panels available where can replace the bottom section.....but not sure if one is available with the vent hole in it? A little checking around, even cutting a section out of a parts truck, would let you sleep better at night. (ask in swap meet if someone is parting out a truck your model)
Its just my opinion but I'd use as little bondo or fiberglass as possible..... and one question should be ask first...do you want a vent there??


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile