Wow am I confused. I read olys valve setting procedure. He said that hydraulic lifters will have a small hole in the plunger and can be pushed in. My lifters don't have a small hole in the plunger and when they are pumped up they cannot be pushed in by hand. I had assumed I had hydraulic lifters because they have a snap ring, plunger assembly, two springs, and a check ball. I had also assumed a solid lifter was basically one piece. So, are these hydraulic or solid? Keep in mind that this is not the original engine for this truck, I do not know what the engine came out of, other than the casting numbers suggest it's a 55-57 235. The casting # is 3837004. It also has stamped behind the dist, 037070 followed by a capital I "eye" then F56Z or F5bZ. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks