Thanks all for the advice. I'm looking into getting some Prestone Lowtox as that is what I'm able to find locally, seems to be the propylene glycol stuff. I didn't know if others were using anything else that was perhaps even more safe than the Lowtox stuff. I enjoy working on the truck in the garage with the company of my dog and want to continue that for years to come. It only takes a moment of not watching him and a small puddle for disaster to strike so I want to plan ahead and have the safest kind of coolant just in case of a leak.
Hey 57_Stepside, get rid of the D-con poison. A friend of ours was watching our old dog while we were away and it found mouse poison at his house that he had forgotten about. Needless to say the dog didn't make it. It's a hell of a way to lose a pet.
Thanks again for the help everyone.