I just bought a 1946 Maple Leaf 3 Ton Truck. I'm pretty excited and I should have it running soon. now my only concern is I would like to increase the top speed. I hear that the limit is about 80 km/h but I would like to be capable of highway speeds just in case. I would like to keep my two speed rear end but if I could re gear just the high gear to a more reasonable ratio that would work too. The current transmission doesn't have synchro mesh and that's a feature I wouldn't mind having. My issue now is finding a newer 5 speed transmission with a roughly 25% overdrive that I can adapt to my gmc 248 engine. I would like to maintain my 3 ton rating if possible. I found a ford ZF-5 locally for a good price but I'm not sure if it can be adapted to my engine and I would rather put a gm transmission on it if I can. Any thoughts?