Well, Ryan and I put the rear drum and tire back on and jacked up the front end to work on it instead. We were able to get the old shoes, cylinders, flex hose line off, got the wheels cleaned up and put on the new cylinders, shoes, springs, etc. The flex hoses that we ordered doesn't fit the hard line so I am going to have to buy different ones.

One interesting thing, the front wheels did have the adjustment slot. The truck was titled as an 1951 but has all the other 1952 things (VIN #, 90 mph speedo, push button door handles, 8 boards in the bed, etc). My manual indicates that the adjuster slot was eliminated in 1952. So the mystery continues.

We ordered the dual master cylinder and bracket so that will be next up followed by new lines. I will fun to FLAPS to see about shoes etc for the rear. Looks like we will have to have a custom cable made for the e-brake.

Progress!


Ron and Ryan Hill
1952 Chevy 3100