Hey guys, thanks for the posts... my thing is I really REALLY liked the curved windshield of the 60 to 63's, the oval shaped hood openings of the 60/61, along with the "dual hump" dashboard, to me, reminiscent of the corvettes. I was cruising, e-bay, found this cab, and was the only bidder. I had no plans to actually start a new project... But here I am... Over the years I've collected many 60/66 parts, since I LOVE these trucks, now I'll build something EXACTLY like I want... I have a converted 64 Chevy Suburban, and a near stock, almost original 65 GMC 1/2 ton. Both are daily drivers, in decent weather...
I bought the book mentioned awhile ago.
This cab will mount on a 1989 4x4 frame. I realize new mounts will need to be made. That's no problem... Being that it will be a serious daily driver, I really want it to last, hence my post... I see so many cabs, like was said, rotting from the inside out...
Thanks, Pete