Okaaaayyyyy... here's the deal... just brought home and excellent condition 1963 cab almost no rust and a tilt-column already installed... got lucky and e-Bayed a set of repop fenders, found a decent restorable 1961 hood (through here)and am currently looking for a replacement passenger door (damaged in an accident) and a grille mount... What I have available to me is: full assortment of tools, MIG welder, Plasma cutter, commercial air, but basically a one car garage, funds are there, but limited somewhat... I looking to build as high a quality "daily" driver as I can... I'm looking for "from the ground up" guidance as to what I could, and more importantly SHOULD do, to build as durable, and longlasting a vehicle as possible. Everything is mounting to a completely refurbished and ready to go 4x4 frame... Baring an accident, I want it last as long as possible...Things like recomendations on rust-proofing (I like that spray-on armor that was installed on project CRAZY HORSE on TRUCKS), rockers, cab corners are especially important since these are absolutely perfect!
So, let's go... the brews are on me!
As soon as I can, I'll post, start to finish photos, if any one is interested and I figure out how...


Pete in NE PA
1964 Cheverolet Carryall
1965 GMC 1/2 ton