| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Otto Skorzeny, FishinToms53, 3B, FAST55, Rusty Heaps, MickeyP, pauld, Forty9, 1 invisible),
107
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,628 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 110 | Hi Steamroller, I was born in Johnstown, Pa. many years ago and came south when I was 7. Been back to Pa. many times and it's beautiful country. I've been building 60-66 trucks for two years and used to build ADs back in the 60s. I have become quite knowledgeable on the 60 thro 66 since I am on my third and have two others taken apart. My 64 and 65 are in the Gallery under Paul Toth. The 64 is a 64 cab on a 66 frame with the bed and front end parts from a 61 parts truck, but the parts truck had a 63 or later hood. The engine and transmission is out of an 84 chev. pick-up (305 w/TH250c). I am restoring a 65 now that I have replaced both rocker panels, one cab corner and a lot of the floor section on both sides. I have two new front fenders from a 66 GMC that are old stock and have welded in Passenger side door inside bottom. The bed (fleet) is rust free. My next project is to put a 62 cab on the 61 frame off the parts truck and shorten the bed sides to fit the short-bed frame. Then the rockers, cab corners and other sheet metal from the 66 GMC will go on the 62 cab. Fitted with a 350 w/four speed it will look like a Chevy from the inside and a GMC from the outside.
What model frame are you going to use. There is some difference from 60 thru 66 in the width and will require some altering among some parts. The section that the grill mounts in is a new item offered from LMC truck parts. Costs $299.00. If you need many parts, it might be best to buy an old junker if you have room to keep the old cab and frame for a while. You will find yourself going back to it for many inems. Some items you may want to save for future use or to swap to someone else. My e-mail address is on my profile if you want to ask anything. Have a good day.
Truck Tinker | | |
| |
| |