Originally Posted by 52Carl
I think that I would rather figure out a way to come up with a mechanism which would facilitate a smooth rising of the seat bottom. Throw a latch, push a button, forward and upward comes the seat cushion all slow and cool-like.
Now see what you have started, Deve?
(Moderator, is there any way for me to block certain posters from being viewed like other sites have?) smile
Carl

I agree with Carl as I already have an amp underneath the passenger side and a 1 ton floor jack underneath my half of the bench seat.

Carl, what about a slight lift at the front of the seat bench, a 6" or so drawer-slide forward incorporated into the seat bottom, and then hinge to open fully? That would clear the seat back so that it would stay open at an angle without the need to hold it open.

Deve, the drawers are too small for my needs as I already have the space filled with the above items and full size tire iron, tools, spare parts.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer