Originally Posted by tclederman
What would a replacement 1941 fuel tank cost?
That's a good point about a tank which is unavailable, Tim.
I don't know what year tank the OP was talking about.
I once fixed an AD tank 30 years ago before good, if any, new tanks were available.
Today however, a new tank for an AD is around $130 plus shipping. So if a POR-15 kit costs $100, you'll save $30 plus shipping if you do all of the work yourself. Then you will end up with a tank which will likely be fine if you do everything right. For me, I would pay the extra $30 plus shipping for a tank that I know will be fine, and not have to worry about all of the extra work and chemical disposal issues.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission