I rebuilt the Rochester B on my '49 216, and yes, I managed to mess something up. I've rebuilt more carbs than I can count and never had an issue, till now. My truck has been running slightly worse over the past few months(idle a little rough, a little hesitation) so I changed plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, and condenser, I also rebuilt the carb. Now it runs good but it acts like the accelerator pump isn't working. I took the carb apart and verified to the best of my ability that every thing is where it should be. If I work the accelerator pump with the bowl cover off the fuel in the bowl becomes agitated and jumps about but does not squirt or even splash out of the bowl.
*What should it do when I work the accelerator pump?

*How do I find out what I did wrong and fix it?

Last edited by twotone; 10/10/2014 11:13 PM.