| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
13 members (Oswald, Gdads51, Jon G, Southerntruck, HandyAndy, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, 3B, Gray_Ghost, Peggy M, 3800GUY, 2 invisible),
126
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,183 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | I could not get the gap between the stock floor boards and te bottom edge of the inner panel to line up so I spliced another small piece of sheet metal in its place.
As for getting the indents to line up, this sounds line you are splicing in to some of the existing panel's remains. You might have to replace the entire panel if this will be a problem to you. I plan to cover my inner panels with carpet or speaker panels so I was not too concerned about the alignment.
The major pain of replacing the entire panel is the weatherstripping channel needs to be removed. I drilled out the spot welds holding it in and then cut the channel where the patch panel needs to go. I then reattached with spot welds in the holes I had already drilled.
The front cowl panels are some of the more difficult on an AD in my opinion as the patch panels are not ever quite a direct fit.
Good luck | | |
| |
| |