...in the past couple weeks I read an article in the Old Cars Weekly written by a fellow who had worked at GM for many years and I think on about every job there to "move up to his position" years later.
In it he mentions folks who put "their mark/number" on the inner fenders which signified the work was done and read to move on. He mentioned also that to avoid getting down and looking under the inner fender the guys on the line would use a mirror to make sure it was there.
I may not be quoting exactly as it read and I'm thinking about just typing it in later if I can't get it to copy good enough to read.
It proves the point that the markings really mean little except to the ones on the assembly line.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile