Hmmm, found some other marks but not like this one. And looks like my paint code for Windsor Blue is 1402 which when ordered, was a 3-digit code of 522. So no leads there....

Nothing significant? I don't agree with that comment. Well, maybe with this Demolition Derby marking I do. grin I'm heavily into Mopars and every paint blop, mark, or dab means something as the cars came down the line. Nobody puts a random mark on a car in a factory "just because". They all have a meaning whether it's an inspection is complete, a fluid is serviced, or a part is inventoried. thumbs_up

Now, whether or not this is actually a factory marking or not, that I don't know. Not sure what it would mean, and why so big? That leads me to believe someone did it after the fact, but who knows? That's why I was checking to see if maybe someone else ran into this and it was on their trucks too. Maybe this was the Farmer's way of labeling his cars on his ranch! big_eek

Here's the pic


75th car down the line? 75 bolts hold the front end together? 75th hunk of crap sitting in Joe's cow pasture???? ohwell laalaa

Cheers chug
Dave

Last edited by cletis; 08/04/2014 11:22 PM. Reason: repaired link

1953 Chevy
"I needed another one!"
Follow along in the DITY