| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,294 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 20 | I'm just getting around to (it's been 20 years) my 51 GMC 1/2T short bed PU. Clutch poblems so I need to drop the driveshaft. I'm at the point where I'm suppose to slide the slip yoke and journal assembly back onto the shaft and lower the torque tube to the floor. Problem is the cross member (rear transmissioo mounts to) will not let me drop it to the floor so I can remove the transmission. I can remove the slip yoke by jacking up the driveshaft but the splined shaft is still in the way. Do I need to remove the cross member or what am I missing? | | |
| |
| |