Here is the post from sept 2012
Drove my 50 to work today for the first time since June. (17 miles from home)
Had less than 1/4 tank of gas this morning so I added 3 gals of fresh gas on the way in to work. Added sty-bil to tank
Temp when I left work about 102.
On the way home made a stop after about 8 miles . Noticed a dribble of gas running from the fill neck. Thought it was strange because I had less than 1/2 a tank so I knew it was not over full and expanding. Pulled cap and heard a pressure release. wiped the area clean
Continued on my way home, got on the freeway and truck started bucking a few times. I pulled over and as I was coasting I could tell the truck shut down, still coasting to the side the engine fired back up. Slowly got her back up to speed 45-50 mph.
Made it back home OK , pulled into the garage and noticed more dribble of gas from the filler neck.
Is this a symptom of the gas cap not venting? any other ideas?
If the cap is not venting will it cause the truck to buck?
thank you
Don't have any fancy formulas to explain it. Just posting what happened.