Burned truck

Quote
Today I was welding some aluminum slide-outs for a trucker-friend's double drop. I was just about to run the final bead when I looked up and saw the passenger's side of my 51 was on FIRE!!!!! It was a nice day and I was out in front of my new garage, using the pickup's bed as a work table. I normally don't fill the gas tank all the way but I was talking to a friend at the station and accidentally filled the tank all the way. My driveway slopes and the pickup was parked with the filler cap on the downhill side. It was a nice warm day and evidentally the gas in the tank was expanding and coming out of my filler cap. An errant spark must have ignited the gasoline vapors and the rest was history.

I tried fighting the fire with my two big extinguishers and a garden hose, but I could not contain the fire, so I called the fire department. They arrived in 5 minutes, which seemed like 10 hours, and had the fire put out quickly.

At least no one was injured and my garage was unaffected.

Gas is dangerous stuff when it leaks in unintended circumstances.

Last edited by cletis; 06/26/2014 6:50 AM. Reason: Repaired link and edited off topic content

Remember 9-11-01--God Bless the USA
JUSTICE, not REVENGE, will prevail

1951 Chevy 1/2-ton Pickup truck