I've tried both. I set the initial with the body clamp and then screwed it up worse with the octane adjustment. The screw on the body clamp has its head to the rear, so it is a bother. I ought to reverse it.
I did drive in to town today, but it took forever to get up to 50. I stopped and changed the timing and idle any number of times. I felt lucky to get home.
At idle should I expect the spark advance to be in its most extreme retarded position?
I'll be reading the answer in the morning, just now it is late here.


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe