Originally Posted by Jon G
Hi Thad,
I take it you're probably in the Northwest part of Arkansas (which is truly a beautiful place). The overall first gear ratio with the stock 4 speed as I'm sure you recall was very low. That low 4 speed ratio wasn't so terrible when you and your dad were younger and gas was cheap, however...well, let's start here since you're looking for ideas: How do you plan to use the truck? Often or infrequently? Daily driver or work truck? City or farm? Will you be hauling rocks or mostly people?

Jon

First off yes I live in NWA and feel blessed to live here. As far as driving the truck it would be occasionally. I would give it a restore and a flat/stake bed. Other than the bed it would be close to original. As far as gas being cheaper when I drove my dads truck I have no idea how much gas was then. He bought the gas and I burned it. Sometimes I just sat on the seat and pretended to drive. That was over 40 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. LOL Thank you to all who commented on this. Y'all are a great bunch. Thad