| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (52Carl, fonz8261, Gdads51, Forty9, 2-Ton, RoadsScholar, mk72),
135
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,343 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2014 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2014 Posts: 13 | I'm a new guy here and looking for ideas. I'm looking at a 51 1/2 ton with a 3 speed. I want to know how much has to change to put an original 4 speed in it. I haven't bought the truck yet but most of the others I've found in my price range also have the 3 speed. I live in the mountains with steep roads. I feel the 4 speed would be much easier to get rolling and when I was a young'en my dad had a 51 with a 4 speed so that's what I want. Do I have to change the steering column to get rid of the shift linkage or can it be removed and appear as original? I'm not dead set in this truck but leaning heavy towards it.If I need to hold out for a 4 speed truck I will but we don't have a big assortment of AD trucks to pick from aroud here. Thanks in advance for all comments. | | |
| |
| |