Ken,you can and do get 'bad' glass from time to time,normally these are picked up in pre-delivery inspections by the manufacturer or vendor.

As I'm sure you're already aware laminated glass is much less forgiving than tempered and 1/2" sounds a little more than I would like to persuade to fit,and even assuming you did get it fitted without cracking,you would then have a permanently stressed windshield.
One heavy road bump or rock chip and it's game over...

Personally I would contact LMC and ask their Technical support if there's been any other instances of bad glass,these things usually happen in batches.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 05/30/2014 8:33 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.