Agree with you Tim, Don, Chad and Trucko', as I've posted a
zillion time over the past decade, that I started out in high school
as a greaser at a Chevrolet Dealership. We would top off a
steering gear with the same grease we used in the rear axle and
manual transmissions, hypoid grease in other words. The only
reason the use of cornhead grease and fluid greases has taken
on a life of it's own is because we don't have gravel roads and
drive ways any more. Most people today have been domesticated
to the point that they can't stand to have a puddle of grease or
oil on the epoxied garage floor or driveway pavers. 60 years ago
these vehicles were expected to leak some. There was a time
when the new cars on display would have a drip tray under them,
I know cus I cleaned up enough of them back in the late 50's.

Denny Graham
A greaser still, in Sandwich, IL

Last edited by Denny Graham; 05/10/2014 2:03 AM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL